Build your paper crafts design career as a Design Team Insider!
Hopefully you are already signed up as a Design Team Calls Facebook fan and you subscribe to our feed so you will be proactively alerted to “major” calls and happenings surrounding the designer community. To get EVEN more info, I’d love to have you as an Insider Member!!
As an “insider” you’ll have access to:
Detailed, continually updated publication & design team call listings
Sorted by date, categorized and complete.
Designer Roundtable Q&A Series: So far we’ve heard from experienced industry “insiders” as they answer our questions. People like … Wendy Vecchi, Kazan Clark, Laura Vegas, Candy Rosenberg, Piradee Talvanna, Jaime Warren, Jess Mutty, Corrie Jones, Stacey Michaud, Dina Wakley, Jennifer Priest, Trisha Ladouceur, and MORE! As an insider, you’ll have access to all past and upcoming Designer Roundtable articles.
I have pulled together a few EXCLUSIVE discount offers for our INSIDERS. These are discounts codes & opportunities not shared anywhere else!
Advice & Tips
- 7 Question to Help You Find Your Style (by Wendy Morris)
- Why I Like Being a Design Team Member (by Erika Taylor)
- 9 Tips for Getting Published (by Lisa Rojas)
- Downloadable Project Tracking form for Publication Submissions (by Lisa Rojas)
- Advice for Designers Attending CHA — advice from industry pro designers Jennifer Priest & Shemaine Smith
Insider “behind the scenes” details from industry leaders to help you better understand the call processes.
- Bella Blvd: In Oct 2011, Bella Blvd shared the process they underwent during their first ever Bella Artista design team call.
- Pink Paislee: In Dec 2011, Pink Paislee went DEEP into their call (which was currently open) to share details. In fact, we asked our Facebook fans to chime-in with questions …. and those were the (tough) questions that Pink Paislee answered!
- Paper Crafts magazine: A “behind the scenes” look with a creative editor Susan R. Opel at Paper Crafts magazine as she discusses their publication selection process from the inside.
- 8 Do’s and Dont’s for Designers Attending CHA — by Beth Kingston from Xyron
- You’ll have access to these AND MORE as we continue to reach out to industry leaders to help us learn more about their goals, struggles and processes.
Members Only Forum
- A private, safe & positive place for designers & aspiring designers to receive support, to brainstorm, to share, to commiserate and more!
Monthly Guest Advisers
Each month we’ll be joined by a “guest adviser” in our forums. That designer will answer questions, encourage you, and provide gentle project critiques to help you improve your submissions! August 2012′s guest adviser is Janna Werner!
And More.I have more cool stuff in the works! Hope you’ll join us!
Get full access to all of our resources for 30 days. On a per month basis it costs a little more than a subscription, but this is a great way to take advantage of our services if you only have a short-term need or just want to check us out. Trial month fee is $2.75.
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Trial Insider Membership / $2.75 per month for one month" ps="Designteamcalls" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="designteamcalls.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="2.75" rp="1" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://designteamcalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/TrialMonth.jpg" output="button" /]
A 3-month membership is just $5.50. (About $1.83/month.) Renews automatically at the end of the subscription period. Cancel at any time. No partial refunds.
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="3 Month Insider Membership / $5.50 per quarter - Auto Renewal" ps="Designteamcalls" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="designteamcalls.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="5.50" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://designteamcalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/3month.jpg" output="button" /]
Enjoy a 10% savings. A 6-month membership is just $9.90. (Just $1.65/month!) Renews automatically at the end of the subscription period. Cancel at any time. No partial refunds.
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="6 Month Insider Membership / $9.90 for 6 months - Auto Renewal" ps="Designteamcalls" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="designteamcalls.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="9.90" rp="6" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://designteamcalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/6month.jpg" output="button" /]
In addition to the listings, what else am I really getting with my “insider” membership?
The calls are really only the beginning. DesignTeamCalls.com is about much more than just “call listings.”
I have created an avenue for you to gain advice, receive encouragement, and read “real life” anecdotes from people who have been there / done that. I am reaching out to designers, manufacturers, design team coordinators, magazine editors and more for their insights to share with you. I’m asking the same questions you would ask them over coffee, and they are providing the same insights they would share if you had a chance to sit down with them in person.
I’m still not sure…
No problem! I’ve got a trial membership for you to check out what’s on “the other side” before you fully commit. It’s only $2.75 for a full month. Give it a try!
I just listed my call, but since I’m not a member, I can’t see if it loaded correctly.
Thank you for using the free listings to share your call info! What you typed into the form is EXACTLY what members see. If you are going to be issuing calls regularly, why not become a member so that you will know more about what designers are seeking, you can see what other calls are asking for, and you can have regular access to the complete listings? You may also email me to request that I send you a screen shot of your listing.
Why are your fees so LOW?
You’re right. The fee is NOMINAL compared to trade show and other professional organization memberships, most of which require documented experience to qualify as a member. Many of our readers also belong to the official Craft & Hobby Association as Designer Members, which carries a cost of $155/year.
My goal was to make membership an inexpensive supplement to other professional organization memberships as well as a great way to gain insights & exposure before going to that “next level.”