Paper Crafts Magazine has issued their latest list of calls! These are included as two of the listings in our complete publication & design team call listings, but here’s a deeper dive on those calls:
Paper Crafts is seeking projects on the following topics for their Card Creations 11 publication. The submission deadline for these is Oct 1st, 2012.
- All Occasion: humorous as well as serious, blank/no sentiment, etc
- Congratulations: new job, promotion, making the cheer squad, getting engaged, getting an “A”, first house, new car, etc
- Encouragement: you can do it, good luck, in general or for specific events, etc
- Father’s Day
- Get Well
- Miss You
- Mother’s Day
- Season’s Greetings
- Thank You
- Thinking of You
Paper Crafts is also seeking projects for their upcoming special issue: Paper Crafted Home Decor for all the Seasons. The deadline for submission for these is Oct 8, 2012.
Here are some tips they shared about submissions for this issue:
- Keep it paper crafted – since this special issue will be for our audience, they expect to see paper crafting supplies used. You may (and will likely need to) use other types of supplies to create these projects, but if nothing is coming out of your paper crafting stash, it likely won’t make it into the pages of this issue.
- Think about proportions – projects that are super-sized are a challenge to photograph for the issue. Please keep frames to 12 x 12 or less. Consider making a banner that says noel rather than Merry Christmas to keep the length of the banner down.
- Make it approachable – our readers love to play and make stuff, so try not to make it too intimidating. This doesn’t mean it has to be simple, just something that she’ll say, “Yes, I want to do that!”
- Think longevity – we’re looking for things that would be used annually, not something you’d make once and then discard.
Here are the seasons they are looking for projects to represent. Here are some of the types of projects they mentioned as being possibilities for submission:
- Spring: General spring décor, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day,
- Summer: general summer décor, Patriotic Holidays, Father’s Day,
- Fall: general fall décor, back to school, harvest, Halloween, Thanksgiving
- Winter: general winter décor, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day
And here are the suggested project ideas for the issue….
Banners, Baskets, Book ends, Bowls, Boxes, Bulletin Boards, Candle wraps, Calendars, Canisters, Chore Charts, Clocks, Clip, Clipboard, Coasters, Cork Board, Desk Set, Door Sign/Hanger, Embroidery Hoops, Frames, Growth Chart, Jars, Jewelry Boxes, Key Holders, Lamp shades, Lanterns, Light switch plates, Luminaries, Magazine holders, Magnets, Magnet Boards, Mantel décor, Menu Boards, Mirrors, Mobiles, Mouse pad, Napkin Rings, Ornaments, Photo displays/cubes, Place mats, Planters, Plaques, Printers Trays, Recipe boxes, Recipe holders, Refrigerator magnets, Remote holder, Shadowboxes, Signs, Table décor, Table settings, Tissue box holder, Trash can, Trays, Trivets, Vases, Wreaths.
For more information about Paper Crafts submissions, visit the Paper Crafts Submission Page here and also visit our exclusive Behind the Scenes with Paper Crafts Magazine feature here.
Good luck! Hoping to see your work published in these issues!