May Arts announced their design team call today. Are you interested in becoming a “Ribbonista?” They are holding a 2-step submission process with the deadline for step one being June
Here are the details of the call, as posted on the May Arts blog today ….
Have you ever thought that it would be fun to be a Ribbonista? Would you like to have May Arts Ribbon’s entire online catalog available for you to use on your projects? If so, this Design Team Call is for you!
I’d like to officially welcome everyone to the May Arts Ribbon Blog Design Team Call! I have been so excited to announce this one!
First, let me tell you about our teams. We have two, the Prima Ribbonistas & the Cameo Ribbonistas. The Prima Ribbonistas are our primary design team; they have regular posts here on the blog & get to play with lots of goodies generously sent by our Partners in Craft! The Cameo Ribbonistas are our regular guest designers. Both teams get plenty of ribbon to work with. I am looking for a variety of designers to create either written or video tutorials for these teams. There are no restrictions for this call – everyone is welcome to enter!
As a Ribbonista, you will:
- Receive a regular supply of May Arts Ribbon to work with.
- Prima Ribbonistas will also receive product from our Partners in Craft.
- Have your name, bio, headshot and link to your personal blog on our site.
- Be compensated for all work posted for the M/A Blog.
- Be compensated for any published work where May Arts is credited, courtesy of our new Publication Appreciation Program.
- Receive exposure through the M/A blog & our other social media sites.
- Receive a discount off our wholesale prices for all your purchases.
In return, you will be expected to:
- Use May Arts Ribbon in your projects and link whenever possible.
- Actively promote May Arts Ribbon. This includes social media participation.
- Prima Ribbonistas are to have regular posts, as well as participate in cross promotions whenever possible.
- Using product from our Partners in Craft is appreciated.
This call is going to be a bit different from last time, so be sure to read through all the details. There will be two rounds. Details for both are listed below:
Post a minimum of 3 projects on your own blog, one of which should be in tutorial form. Please choose projects that best exemplifies your style & talent. You are expected to use ribbon in all your projects. While it is appreciated if M/A ribbon is used, it is not required for the first round.
Email me the following no later than June 11th 2012 at Bethney@mayarts.com:
- Subject line: May Arts Ribbon DT Call
- Contact information: name, address, email address & all blog/website addresses
- Which position you are applying for: written or video. Also note, if offered, whether you would be interested in working as a Cameo Ribbonista.
- Your resume. If you don’t have one, please list the past & present Design Teams you have been a member of. (Being on another Design Team is not a prerequisite.)
- A brief description of yourself, including your design strengths and why you want to be a Ribbonista.
- A link to your submission post. (If you do not have a blog, you will be permitted to email me your projects instead)
All finalists will be announced on the blog on June 15th, 2012.
For the final round May Arts will provide the finalists with their choice of ribbon to work with to create a final project.
- All finalists are required to create a minimum of either one tutorial or one video, whichever applicable. Again, please choose a project that best exemplifies your style & talent.
- Email me at Bethney@mayarts.com with your ribbon request. There are no yardage restrictions, but please note all requests must first be approved before we ship.
- When you have completed your project, email me the following. For Video Submissions: Post your video tutorial on your own blog. Then forward me the YouTube link to your video, plus photos of the completed project. Please also include a brief written introduction to the video. For Written Submissions: Post the tutorial on your own blog. Then forward me the link to your post, along with photos of the completed project. Please also include a brief written introduction to the tutorial. All photos should be sent as an attachment and in jpeg form.
- Deadline: July 13th, 2012. All submissions will be posted the week of July 16th 2012.
Our new Design Teams will be announced July 23, 2012.
Good luck everyone!
As always, please remember to direct all questions to the contacts listed in the information provided above!